Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Having a Great Time in Utah

Charlie and I are having such a fun time visiting family and friends back home. We have really missed the beauty of being in the mountains; the smell of the pine trees, the crisp mountain air, and the sound of nothing but water trickling and the wind around you.

I sang at my friend's wedding on Sunday. I will post a couple of photos of Charlie posing in his bow-tie once I get the pictures loaded on my computer (maybe later tonight or tomorrow).

We are here with my husband Paul and Jack, the 90 lb Doberman who is in training to be a service dog. Last night we met some fabulous people. First of all, I met two of the Brown sisters; Deondra and Desirae, from the 5 Browns, if you don't know who they are then you need to check them out. The 5 Browns are all siblings that play the piano together and they are like superheroes on the piano. Here is their website. I think I may have a little bit of a celebrity crush on Desirae, we hit it off really well as friends and I look forward to meeting her again. She was really fascinated by Charlie.

Charlie and I also met a very sweet family who has a daughter who has seizures. It was great to talk with them and inform them of all the ways a seizure dog may be helpful to her and the family. The dog could alert her before a seizure, protect her during, before and after a seizure, call and get help, be her constant friend and support, and about a thousand other things she may need or ever desire needing help with.

It is so fun and rewarding to be able to help others and spread the word of the greatness of seizure-alert service dogs. So please people--share the word of this blog so Charlie and I can keep helping others.

No comments: