Friday, April 8, 2011

Refuge from the Rain




I was taking Charlie to downtown DC to meet up with some friends and we got stuck in a torrential downpour. While walking for 2 miles in the rain and carrying Charlie in my coat, I found myself mumbling words i wouldnt say around my mother and realized I needed to find some refuge. As my shoes sloshed on the sidewalk, I rounded a corner and found the most charming coffee house/bakery called Buzz Bakery. The ambiance was hip, the staff was fantastically friendly to me and Charlie, and the treats were heavenly. I bought myself a massive chocolate chip cookie, a hot drink, and sat myself down on a comfy couch in the corner. After a sugar buzz, a half hour of people watching, listening to stress calming Michael Buble, and ten minutes spent under the hand dryer I am ready to adventure out again.

Thanks Buzz Bakery in Alexandria VA! Your hospitality was most appreciated.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: