Saturday, October 16, 2010

Reasons to own a Dog


I read an article in USA Today, which said having a dog can improve your health. According to the article, dogs make life friendlier, help us become more active, and help us heal.

For all you parents whose kids are begging for a dog, but you don't want to deal with a dog when your kids are young, here is an interesting notion found in the article.

"Child psychologist Robert Bierer of Albuquerque conducted a study of 128 children and concluded that pre-adolescent kids who get the chance to help care for dogs tend to have higher self-esteem and empathy than those who do not."

All I know is that Charlie is my best friend. Man I love that cute face and those bulging eyes. I would let him kiss me all day, right on my lips, his stinky breath and all.

No comments: