Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Charlie on A Diet

So Charlie has been on a diet in hopes that he can shed a pound or two. (he has already lost half of a pound since August 1 so way to go).

Here is what I have done for Charlie so he sticks to his diet

1. No more table scraps (he still gets healthy human food as treats like carrots and sweet potatoes)

2. Feed him on a schedule

This has worked wonders for Charlie and my sanity. He now eats at 9 am and 6 pm. My vet said I can put a spoonful of sweet potatoes on top to help his GI track and keep all things moving and he loves the sweet potatoes. He actually will eat his dog food finally.

3. Exercise

He already gets a fair amount of exercise cause he goes everywhere with me and I try to walk lots of places, but I have kicked up his walking routine and try to get my butt out of bed at 7 am to walk him and our other dog Jack with my husband.

I guess diet and exercise really does work. I guess no cookie diets for me.

No comments: